Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Additional Confirmation

For those of you bored enough to still be reading this, we have additional confirmation. Between Heather and I we now know two of the sows (Hilda and Daphne if your keeping score) have been "exposed" to Sir Francis. Probably all three, but no witnesses to that event exist.

Did I mention we have Turkeys? I suppose I could read my own blog posts and see if I have told you about our Bizarre little birds, but I'm Lazy. So sue me.

We have turkeys. They must be some kind of cross bred mutant, but who cares. They are growing fast and eat lawn grass (fertilized with only chicken poo). And they chase you. And chase ducks. And they pick fights with the rooster. Well, he started the fight, but they were going to finish it.

Yeah, so Mr. Fuzzy (our Bantam Rooster) decided to assert his dominance to one of the turkeys. The turkey asserted right back. And then the other 5 turkeys began co-asserting. Mr. Fuzzy opened a can he was not prepared for. After a few minutes of laughing at him, the wife and I broke the whole thing up and rescued our little fuzzy footed flock master. The turkeys were getting increasingly agitated and Mr. Fuzzy was surrounded and could not escape. I had no idea turkeys were so pack oriented. They really seemed to coordinate their assaults on Mr. Fuzzy. Even though I have heard turkeys can drown in a rain, and we had one drown in a kiddie pool to shallow to swamp it (if it had thought to stand up), I don't think turkeys are as dumb as they are made out. Just kind of flighty.

Still no kids out of Miracle. No word from the folks who are supposed to install my irrigation meter. Now there is a long post in the making. Some day when I feel the need to rehash it, I will spill the deatails of my long, often frustrating, and largely pointless "discussion" with the Washington Department of Ecology, it's employees and eventually the Attorney General and Pollution Control Hearings Board. LOL. In the end (if there ever is an end) it all worked out in exactly the way I needed it to. Interesting how it worked out. Kind of a "Gods fingerprints all over it" type of farm adventure.

But that's for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment